Kansas City Police urge anyone involved in a minor vehicular crash during today’s severe weather to go to their nearest police station for a report to keep as many officers available for true emergencies as possible.
If your car is still drivable, if no one has been injured and if there is no alcohol involved, police request that you exchange information with any other drivers involved in the crash and get off of the roadway as quickly as possible. You can get a report for insurance purposes at any of the following locations:
• North Patrol Division – 1001 NW Barry Rd.
• Shoal Creek Patrol Division – 6801 NE Pleasant Valley Rd.
• Central Patrol Division – 1200 E. Linwood
• Metro Patrol Division – 7601 Prospect Ave.
• East Patrol Division – 5301 E. 27th St.
• South Patrol Division – 11109 Hickman Mills Dr.
• Police Headquarters – 1125 Locust St.
You have to make the report in person because you must present your identification and valid proof of insurance. You do not have to make the report immediately and can wait until a couple days after the accident.
During the last snow storm on January 19, Kansas City Police responded to 184 non-injury crashes and four injury crashes in an 8-hour period.