Thanks to Kansas City voters renewing the quarter-cent public safety sales tax in November 2010, we are moving forward with capital improvement plans. First on the list is a new campus to house the East Patrol Division and Crime Lab. We're working with the City Architect's Office, City Manager's Office, City Council members and the Mayor to find the perfect spot for these buildings, and we'd like your suggestions.
Below are some of the factors that will be considered:
* Size and shape of the site - it needs to be 12 to 15 acres
* Public accessibility (both by vehicles and pedestrians)
* Visibility of the surrounding area and security
* Possible environmental hazards or contamination
* Sufficient distance from railroad tracks and major highways to protect the Crime Lab from ground vibrations
* An opportunity to build in a blighted area in order to serve as an anchor for neighborhood improvement.
If you have an idea of where you think would be the perfect spot for the new East Patrol and Crime Lab, go to www.saferkc.com/east to submit your suggestions.
Send comments to email@example.com.