Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I'm proud of KCPD members and our city

I would like to take the time to say how proud I am of the members of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department and thank them for their professionalism and service in keeping our community safe. KCPD members continue to show what compassionate and caring individuals they are. I continue to be proud of the professionalism and compassion they exhibit.

I am encouraged by and appreciate all the support we have received and continue to receive from other segments of the community. Messages are constantly flooding in on social media and elsewhere thanking me for all the department does. Our officers dole out small kindnesses every day that most people will never know.

But I would be remiss not to thank the people of Kansas City, as well. Thank you for your civility. Thank you for letting your thoughts be known in a peaceful manner. One of my main goals as chief of police is to improve relationships between KCPD and other segments of the community. We are working toward that every day. I look forward to continuing to build upon the relationships we have made thus far and enhancing the trust between police and our community.

I am proud and honored to serve such an engaged community and will continue to work together to make our city safe. Your continued support is needed and truly appreciated.

Send comments to kcpdchiefblog@kcpd.org.